The known history of this lamp begins in New York back in 1928 when it was owned by a wealthy American couple. Prior to 1928, the lamp apparently was in storage for a long time. Eventually, the husband died and the lamp ultimately was gifted to the Grandmother's sister who worked for the American couple. She liked to embroider under it and eventually took it back to Norway in 1970 where it is currently resides.
The diameter of the lamp is 20". Full height is almost 26". The plinth is square, approximately 8" x 8" and is made of bronze same as is the lamp base.
Images © Private Collection 2021 All Rights Reserved.